• Tom Boyd

Growth of Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans Enrollment

Comments by Tom Boyd

I have read a couple of articles that estimate the growth in the MA enrollment for 2011 to be from 580,000 to 650,000. They imply or state that isn’t this amazing or great growth.

The US census bureau states that approximately 10,000 A DAY became Medicare eligible in 2011, about 3.6 million. This would suggest that the “growth” in MA enrollment is less than 20% of the growth in the total Medicare enrollment. This must mean that the rest, more than 80%, have opted for traditional Medicare or something other than MA.

MA plans have about 25% of the national Medicare enrollment. Does anyone see that increasing?

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All